Saturday 6 September 2008

The House


It's been ages since I've blogged. I've been very busy with work, with marathon training, and with house selling. All these things are moving forward nicely now.

We exchanged contracts on my house sale yesterday. So I am legally committed to get out. The removers are booked for next Wednesday and Thursday.

It's been strange, going through all the accumulated stuff in the house, and deciding what's worth keeping. I tend to keep "souvenirs".... bills from restaurant meals, that kind of thing, and then never look at them. And we had every gas bill and credit card bill ever. I had programme books from old science fiction conventions I attended. Just to sort of prove to myself that I was there. And "souvenir" tee shirts of places I've worked. (I wonder where my lovely "IBM La Hulpe" shirt went, I liked that one!)

I think, once I get in somewhere else, there will be another round of throwing out, taking more time. But for now, the process is complete.